Skeeler

Friday, November 04, 2005

Who am I? What am I doing here?

Hello, let me introduce myself. Timothy Scott Demerjian is my given name. I love my name, as 'Timothy' means, "honoring God." Some can read me like a book; others ask me what it is that gives me purpose. I center my life upon God's purpose, not my own. I am not a religious person; instead I have passions. They are -- my God, my wife, my family, my farm, and probably the most obvious to those who know me personally--Long Track Speedskating on ice.

So you might want to know where I get my drive from? Let's not forget about my '04 Subaru STi in WRC Blue Pearl w/gold BBS wheels-- especially when it comes to drifting on ice, snow, rain, or grass. Since it's my daily driver, I don't consciously think of it as a street-legal race car; but it does get me from point "A" to point "B." I have had the pleasure and privilege of experiencing this ride of a lifetime for the past two years--65,000 miles in all! Yeah, that was a little bit of a play-on-words, but Subaru's magazine is titled, after all, "Drive."

That's why I am at the Olympic Oval typing this essay--I am training on the "fastest ice on earth." I have Rex Albertson for a coach. It's amazing--we understand each other so well--it seems we "clicked" the first couple days working together. I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought I'd be technically, so I already have a sense of fulfillment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home